Sunday, April 6, 2014

Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Gaming Headset

The Turtle Beach X12 is a stereo headset designed for use with Xbox360 and PC. They are popular for beginning gamers because of their low cost, and provide the user with very breathable ear cups, comfort over long gaming sessions, and pretty nice audio. They are made entirely of plastic so they are very light. When I first got them they took a little getting used to because the bass mainly comes out the right ear cup, and everything else mainly comes out the left. I found this a little odd at first but I quickly got used to it.

Personally, I think the color scheme of black and green is pretty cool looking. They have cloth earcups that are very breathable and have about three-fourth’s of an inch of foam, which makes them pretty shallow. My ears can touch the inside of the cups and this can cause some discomfort to the user. I will take a quick break every couple of hours or so, and it fixes this problem. The headband is made of cloth as well, and is very comfortable, it distributes the weight of the headset very evenly. 

Would I recommend this to people? Yes, they are a pretty decent headset. They sound good for both games and music,  I have used them for countless hours doing both. The only downside to this headset is that the cloth cups can leak sound. So, if you are around other people a lot, these may not be the best choice.

Sources:
http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-360-headsets/ear-force-x12/56

The_GregMcMac out.

No comments:

Post a Comment